What are the best fender flares? You will be able to use them if you want to upgrade the performance and looks of your truck or car. You will need to consider the benefits of a good set of fender flares. When you have offset or large tires, the chances of hitting the off-road trails or if you are looking for a new rugged look, then getting a set of fender flares might be what you should get.
When you have them on your vehicle, they widen the stance making your truck or SUV to have a more aggressive look, making room for offset or oversized tires. When you get the aftermarket wheel flares can help in keeping your vehicle clean by arresting mud very fast as you can sling it up off-roading.
If you are out there shopping for a set of fender flares, then you might have realized that there are a variety of them in the market and thus, making you get confused. Below is what I consider to be some of the best fender flares.
- 1 Comparison Of Fender Flares
- 1.1 1. Tyger Auto Flat Style Fender Flares For Jeep Wrangler
- 1.2 2. Tyger Auto For Dodge 1500/2500/3500 – TG - FF8D4078
- 1.3 3. OxGord Bolt-on Pocket Fender Flares For Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra
- 1.4 4. Monkey OE Style Fender Flares For Ford F150
- 1.5 5. IKON Motorsports Fender Flares For Toyota Tundra
- 1.6 6. TAC Fender Flares For Tacoma
- 1.7 7. MaxMate Premium Fender Flare For Ford F250 F350
- 1.8 8. Bushwacker Nissan Titan And Frontier Pocket Style 70908-02
- 1.9 9. Genuine GM Fender Flares For Colorado Canyon
- 1.10 10. Fender Flares For Honda Ridgeline- 08P21 – T6Z- 100
- 2 Fender Flares Reviews
- 2.1 1. Tyger Auto Flat Style Fender Flares For Jeep Wrangler
- 2.2 2. Tyger Auto For Dodge 1500/2500/3500 – TG - FF8D4078
- 2.3 3. OxGord Bolt-on Pocket Fender Flares For Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra
- 2.4 4. Monkey OE Style Fender Flares For Ford F150
- 2.5 5. IKON Motorsports Fender Flares For Toyota Tundra
- 2.6 6. TAC Fender Flares For Tacoma
- 2.7 7. MaxMate Premium Fender Flare For Ford F250 F350
- 2.8 8. Bushwacker Nissan Titan And Frontier Pocket Style 70908-02
- 2.9 9. Genuine GM Fender Flares For Colorado Canyon
- 2.10 10. Fender Flares For Honda Ridgeline- 08P21 – T6Z- 100
- 3 What Are Fender Flares?
- 4 Benefits Of Fender Flares
- 5 Styles Of Fender Flares
- 6 Things To Consider When Buying Fender Flares
- 7 How To Install Fender Flares
- 8 Fender Flares FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Comparison Of Fender Flares
Fender Flares Reviews
1. Tyger Auto Flat Style Fender Flares For Jeep Wrangler
This particular fender flare is manufactured from heavy-duty stainless steel to give it ultra-durability and strength. It has a streamlined design to help in increasing suspension articulation while at the same time, maintaining its steel ability look.
If you decide to purchase it, the package will include 4 front pieces and rear fender flares. It will give your jeep wrangler a perfect fit. Installation is very easy as you will utilize the factory holes and thus no drilling or cutting required. It comes with a set of mounting hardware.
These particular fender flares are durable and tough due to the fact that they are manufactured using heavy-duty stainless steel which is black coated. When you install it, it will be able to protect the wheel well from scratches, mud, sand any other outer damages.
You can do the installation on your own since it comes with a manual that is easy to understand and apply. This particular fender flare comes with a two-year warranty on products damaged during the time of delivery or any manufacturer’s defect.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty on manufacturer’s defects and damages during shipping.
- You will get 2 pieces rear and 2 pieces front fender flares
- It is durable and tough
- It is easy to install
- It will give your jeep wrangler a perfect fit
- Not compatible with all types of vehicles
2. Tyger Auto For Dodge 1500/2500/3500 – TG - FF8D4078
If you own a Dodge 1500/2500/ 3500, then this could be the fender flare to purchase. It will offer a fairly wide range of engine and trim levels as compared to others in the market. It is a pocket style fender flare which might give you what you are looking for in a fender flare.
It will fall neatly into the pocket style category, coming equipped with stainless steel rivets of marine grade to ensure that there will be no ugly leaks down the side of your truck. It is UV protected matte black finish to make them look great while protecting your investment.
This particular fender flare comes with a limited lifetime warranty which covers against warping, cracking or any other type of factory defect. When doing the installation, you will not require to drill any holes. The installation might take you around two hours. Due to the fact that it is good quality, the price is a bit high. But if you take into account the level of the product which you are getting for your money, then it is worth the spending.
- Limited lifetime warranty against warping cracking, and other factory defects
- It is UV protected
- Made from durable marine-grade stainless steel rivets
- It is manufactured by a highly reputable manufacturer
- Good value for money
- Not affordable
3. OxGord Bolt-on Pocket Fender Flares For Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra
It could be one of the best fender flares to purchase for your vehicle. It tends to be compatible with most of the SUVs and GM trucks available in the market. Whether you want to improve the vehicle or you just want to cover for some unsightly rust that might be on the car, then it could sort you out.
It comes in matte black which you can leave it as it is or decide to paint over in order to be able to match with the color of your vehicle. So if you are looking for an OEM style of fender flare, it could be good to consider this particular one.
It will be able to add street and width presence to your truck without being too obvious due to the installation which is very easy, requiring no drilling into the metal sheet. It might be the best choice if you have all the years, protected your metal and thus, more protection without the need to drill.
The fender flare is build to last for a long time and to be durable. They come with a limited lifetime warranty to be able to back the product. It is an affordable fender flare and thus, if you are on a tight budget and yet you require one, you can decide to go for it.
- It is affordable
- No need for drilling into the sheet during installation
- Limited lifetime warranty
- It is an OEM style
- Fit a wide variety of older GM trucks and SUVs
4. Monkey OE Style Fender Flares For Ford F150
If this is the fender flare of your choice, then it will be able to add style while at the same time, protecting your vehicle’s side from road debris and other types of elements. It comes as a full set of fender flares, which are constructed from high-quality materials, which are durable and tough ABS plastic composite.
It is manufactured to fit the exact year of your vehicle make, year, and model. You will get it in black, light OE finish which is textured. You can install them as it is or decides to paint them in order to match with your vehicle. This particular vehicle fender tends to install easily with both auto-grade double-sided 3 m tape and bottom-mounted screws to give it a secure hold.
When you purchase it, it will come complete with installation kit and detailed instructions which are easy to follow. It is UV protected against chalking and cracking. The material used for construction is ABS plastic composite which is durable, lightweight, and tough.
- Constructed from ABS plastic composite materials which are lightweight, durable, and impact resistant
- Comes with all the necessary installation kit and easy to follow instructions
- Has a 2-year warranty against manufacturers defects, warps, and cracks
- No drilling required during installation
- UV protected against chalking and cracking
5. IKON Motorsports Fender Flares For Toyota Tundra
If you have a Toyota Tundra and you are looking for something that has a rugged exterior styling, then this could be what is available for you to pick. It is a set of fender flares which is constructed out of proguard, co-extruded ABS plastic with a black finish of satin.
It is 100 percent UV protected to ensure that it gives you the durability that is maximum and service life on your truck. Though it comes in a satin black, you have an option of painting them to be able to match your Toyota Tundra color of the body.
When you install it, it will be able to provide a 2 inches wheel cove
rage. It comes in a set of four one going for each wheel wells. During installation, you will find it easy since it comes with all the necessary hardware to make it a success in the shortest time possible.
- Made from ABS plastic
- Satin black finish
- Heavy-duty pro guard co-extruded construction
- You can paint to match the color of the vehicle
- Installation hardware is included
6. TAC Fender Flares For Tacoma
If you are a proud owner of a Tacoma, then you can as well settle for this particular fender flare. I bought it two months ago for my Tacoma and up to now, I am finding it to be just doing great.
It is an OEM style of fender flares which has a custom design to be able to fit your specific application. It has a matte black smooth finish and it is paintable to be able to match with your specific vehicle color. I painted mine light blue and it is looking awesome on my Tacoma.
It has a distinctive pocket design that has chrome rivet that is customer decorative. Its design is of a precise and smooth edge cutting finish from high-quality injection molding. It is durable and stable as far as UV protection is concerned.
Buying this particular fender flare might be the most practical and economical way to be able to protect your truck from rocks, mud, and debris especially if you have installed aftermarket wheels and tires. It can be able to improve styling and appearance dramatically.
- Improve the appearance and styling of the vehicle
- Protect your vehicles from mud and other debris on the road
- It is an OE type of fender flare
- It is high quality
- Paintable to match your vehicle body-color
7. MaxMate Premium Fender Flare For Ford F250 F350
I decided to place this particular fender flare on my list due to the fact that, it is a high-quality product which you can install on your Ford F250, F350 models. It is made from the advanced injection of molding technology of polypropylene materials, which are impact resistant.
It is a pocket bolt-on the riveted style of fender flare which will be able to offer your vehicle with customized off the road look, adding significant tire coverage to be able to keep dirt and other debris from being able to get onto your vehicle.
Its rivets are constructed from stainless steel which is marine grade, which will be able to install into the flare pockets. The rivets are meant to decorate your fender flare. The installation kit will come with 4 pieces set that have rear and front for passenger and driver sides.
This fender flare is UV protected meaning that, it will be able to durable with the smooth matte black finish which you can paint to match the body of the vehicle. Using the enclosed instructions, you can be able to easily install it without having to involve a technician. It might take you about 2 hours to finish the installation with no drilling required.
- Has a 5-year warranty against warping, cracking, and other manufacturer’s defects
- UV protected
- The installation kit comes with all the installation hardware
- The instructions for installation are straightforward
- You can DIY the installation without involving a technician
8. Bushwacker Nissan Titan And Frontier Pocket Style 70908-02
Looking to take your truck from being boring to becoming bold? This particular fender flares might just do the trick. They are fashionable, bringing on extra tire coverage as well as a heavy-duty bolt-on and riveted style. Each of its set comes designed to be able to give your truck a perfect fit. It will be able to bolt-on into the right place with no cutting or drilling required.
The dura flex material which is ultra-strong that is used on this particular fender flare rivets is UV resistant and thus, will be able to stand up to the harsh sun during summer as well as the cold and salted streets during the winter period. It is likely going to stand up to the test of time even when off-road. Your truck will have a tough appearance due to the decorative bolts.
You will have a wide variety of options of coverage to be able to choose from between 1.5 inches up to 2.75 inches. Each of these sets comes in an OEM style with a finish of matte black, making it look great or you can decide to paint it to match the vehicle color.
It has the capacity to cover the extra-wide or oversized tires and lift kits. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Various tire coverage options available
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Installation guide and mounting hardware available
- Easily paintable for a customized finish
- Unique pocketed style which looks great
9. Genuine GM Fender Flares For Colorado Canyon
It is a back and front wheel fender flare combo which will be able to fit your Colorado Canyon. It is big and bold. It has a girthy stance which is wide enough to protect and cover all the aspects of your truck. They are made from long-lasting thermoplastic ABS construction which is reliable and you can be able to install it without having to drill. All you require during installation is an automotive-grade 3M tape.
These fender flares come with a lifetime warranty meaning, the manufacturer has confidence in its durability. It is a good value for money and thus, it might just be a good investment for your car as it will end up protecting it for a very long time.
- Lifetime warranty
- Protects your vehicle
- Easy to install with no drilling
- Made from high-quality materials
- Good value for money
10. Fender Flares For Honda Ridgeline- 08P21 – T6Z- 100
Buying this particular fender flare will give your Honda Ridgeline a rugged look. It looks tougher and rugged and thus, if that is what you are looking for in a fender flare, then go for it.
Installing it will ensure that, your vehicle is protected from off-road debris and thus, extend its lifespan. It is constructed from strong thermoplastic materials which means that it will be able to serve you for a longer period of time and thus, a good investment to make.
It is a genuine OEM product meaning, it will give you a perfect fit when you install it on your vehicle. It will also be in a position to offer additional width to be able to cover wider and larger tires and thus, no worries about that big aftermarket installation on your vehicle as they will be sorted out.
It is constructed from materials which can easily be paintable to ensure that, you get to match it with your vehicle body color, giving it a nice look.
- Constructed from quality materials
- It is easy to install it
- It is an OEM design
- It can provide additional width to be able to cover tires which are wider and larger
- It will give your vehicle a rugged, tough look
- Only compatible with ridgeline
What Are Fender Flares?
They are generally used on SUVs and trucks as extensions of the fenders of your vehicle, serving a variety of purposes. They can be able to hide any damage or rust around the wheel together with replacing the old fender flares which came with the vehicle that might be damaged.
If your vehicle happens to have large tires, the fender flares might come in handy to be able to provide the right amount of coverage for tires. According to laws, fenders need to cover a certain portion of exposed tires and thus, a need to ensure that you get ones which are within the law to avoid any fine that might be associated with such fines.
Benefits Of Fender Flares
If you get the correct fender flares to install, it can have you make your vehicle to look more luxurious due to the improved looks and capabilities. Fender flares are an extension which is fitted over the wheel well of your vehicle and forms the same body line as your vehicle. Not all vehicles require fender flares and thus, you have an option of placing them on your vehicle or not.
There are a few reasons that could make you install fender flares and the benefits that come with them which include:
- They hide rust and any other damages that might be on the wheel well
- They prevent things from being thrown by your rotating tires from hitting your vehicle plus other vehicles around. This includes dust, mud, rocks, and liquids
- They will enhance the look of your vehicle
On the jeep and truck, the fender flares are utilized due to the large size of the tires that are on these vehicles. On these two type of vehicles, the fender flares tend to be necessary due to the state laws.
Styles Of Fender Flares
There are four main styles offenders in the market to pick from depending on the purpose and look you are going for:
1. OE Style
If you are searching for the best fender flares which will be able to customize the look of your vehicle while you maintain the fresh off the lot aesthetic with this particular style offenders. If you are planning to use them, then it is important to remember that, they are not made to the specification of the dealership and thus, will not have the same drilling holes like the ones from the factory. This is an important thing to keep in mind before you start the installation process.
They tend to be similar to the OE style but provide less wheel protection. They are purchased due to their appearance which is sleek.
3. Pocket / Bolt Style
They are meant for SUVs or trucks which have much bigger tires, providing plenty of tire coverage. If you want flares which will attract much attention from other drivers, then this is the style you should be able to embrace. They are known for their rugged design and the reason for their name is that they have a lot of pockets which are set into the flare and there is a bolt which is drilled into each of the pockets. It is just an appearance and doesn’t require additional installation work.
4. Extended Style
They offer the same protection as the bolt/pocket style but without the over the top rugged aesthetic.
Things To Consider When Buying Fender Flares
Just like any other purchase, before you decide to purchase the fenders, you will have to decide exactly what you want them for. Do you want them shouty or subtle? Are they going to be able to cover massive off-road tires or are they just going to protect your paintwork on the backroads and highway?
Are you looking for an OEM style or you want to have a maximum presence on the road with your deep pockets which are riveted? The above are some of the questions you will need to ask yourself before deciding on the fender flares you will settle for. Once you have the answers to the questions, you will have to consider the following factors.
1. Product Quality
A fender flare doesn’t serve any electronic function and thus, you need to get one that is produced from high-quality materials to get good value for your money. It should not splinter, crack, or shatter even when under intense use. Check likewise for features as those which are all-weather resistant and other protection could be the best.
Check your vehicle’s specifications and ensure that you match it with the fender flare that you are about to order. If it is a no fit, then it will be very hard to force it. You will need to confirm the vehicle’s model, make, and year of manufacture.
3. Style Selection
There are various designs in the market with some of them offering an option of painting me. You will have to check the designs and select the one which you tend to like and are sure that it will give you the desired results.
Going for a technician to fix the fender flares for you is not a bad idea at all. But it will be even best if you are able to fix it on your own thereby saving some cash which you can use to buy something else for your vehicle. Get a fender flare which is easy to install.
There are a variety of materials which the fender flares can be made from. There are those which are cheap and thus, don’t last for long while others tend to be expensive and last for a longer period of time. Just with most aftermarket parts, when you spend a little more amount of money when purchasing them, it will save you in the future as the product will be able to last you for longer. Common fender flare materials include; cheap plastics, fiberglass, ABS plastics, metal, and rubber flexy flares.
How To Install Fender Flares
When installing the fender flares, it is quick and easy. For all the four fenders, you will require an hour to place them all onto your vehicle. Every fender flare model has slightly different requirements and thus, you will need to ensure that, you read the included instructions thoroughly before you start the installation process.
But on a general note, the fender flares are installed as follows:
- If your vehicle has factory fender flares, you will have to unbolt them from the wheel well and totally remove them
- Check your fender flare fit against the body of your vehicle. If they are able to fit right, the bottom edge will be able to line up with the fender bottom and the front will be able to fit snug up against the bumper.
- Some light drilling will be required if your vehicle didn’t come with fender flares. Most of the fender flare kits do include a template which will be able to show you where to be able to drill new holes
- Many of the fender flares in the market have double-sided automotive tape to use for additional mounting security. You will have to apply the tape to the fender first then go ahead and peel it off the other side of the backing. Apply the flare to the body of your vehicle ensuring that, you line the holes up properly.
- Insert bolts through the holes and tighten them on.
Fender Flares FAQs
1. Are Fender Flares Required?
Being an accessory for most SUVs and trucks on the market, they are a necessity. It is an extension of your car, being able to fit directly over the vehicle’s wheel well and it is contoured to be able to match the body lines of your SUV or truck
The legal requirements of fender flares depend from one state to another. While it varies wildly, most of the states require that fender flares have to cover at least the full tire or at least the tread.
2. Do You Have To Drill Holes For Fender Flares?
In case your vehicle did not originally come with fender flares, then there might be a need for you to drill holes in your truck or car during the installation. You will have to adhere to the double-sided foam tape rule to the backside of the fender flare. But make sure that, you don’t expose the other side of the tape until you are in a position to install the fender flares.
3. Can You Paint Fender Flares?
Yes. But before you do the painting, you will need to ensure that, you lightly sand the already existing surface paint, treating it with primer and then doing the repainting.
4. Are There Any Legal Reasons To Replace My Stock Fender Flares?
There may be depending on the type of tires that you have. If what you have are stock tires, then that is ok. But in case you have oversized, custom tires, there might be a problem.
Apart from style, there are people who get new fender flares to be able to protect their vehicles from damage which is normally caused by gravel, mud, and other debris which are kicked by the tires while on the move.
It is normally tough to clean the mud and the gravel together with other debris might end up cutting off your paint job as well as denting your vehicle body. This is something which happens with regular tires and when you replace them with larger tires, it becomes worse.
There are laws in place in some states which will fine you if found to have tires that stick out past the fender flares. This is due to the fact that you are not driving alone on the road.
There are other people and these laws are there to protect all the road users from damage which is caused by flying objects produced by drivers who don’t have wide enough fender flares to match with their tires.
These laws don’t apply everywhere so it means, there are places where you will drive with big tires without fender flares covering them and there will be no fines. But whether fines apply or not, it is best to do the right thing while on the road.
5. Can I Order Fender Flares To Match The Color Of My Truck?
It is very possible to do that. If you go to a technician, the fender flares can be painted to match your truck color or whatever color you want it to.
6. What Are Fender Flares Made Of?
Fenders flares are made from different types of materials with some being cheap and thus less durable while others are expensive and will last you for some time. You will get them constructed in materials such as rubber flexy flares, metal, fiberglass, ABS plastics, and cheap plastics. The choice is yours depending on your budget and your specific needs.
Fender flares are good in ensuring that, your vehicle will be protected from rust and other types of used degradation which are induced. A fender flare is a necessity on your vehicle to ensure that, you will be able to use your vehicle for a longer period of time and avoid expensive repairs.
They are available in different designs and styles to be able to fit various purposes. All the fender flares that I have reviewed are among the best in the market but the one that stood up among the rest is the TAC fender flares for Tacoma due to the fact that; It improves appearance and styling of the vehicle, it protects your vehicles from mud and other debris on the road, it is an OE type of fender flare, it is high quality and that it is paintable to match your vehicle body color. Ensure that you get the one that is compatible with your vehicle and which will work well for you.
You may like this: